SHARK BITES – How to Get Discounts on Haircuts
The average haircut for men in the US is $28, and the average for women is a whopping $44. Depending on how
often you have your haircut, you could be spending upwards of $300 per year! Add on tips and extras and you’re talking about a heap of money. Here’s how to get discounts on haircuts, so you can use your savings in other places!
- Locks of Love is a charity that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. Some salons offer free haircuts, as long as you donate to Locks of Love. You’ll need to check with your local salons for participation. Beautiful Lengths is another great organization that offers the same.
- Groupon and LivingSocial are notorious for offering great local discounts. This includes salons and hair cutting parlors. You can save as much as 60% off haircuts and other salon specials.
- Watch for coupons in the “junk mail” you get from email and snail mail. Newspapers and magazines will also offer discounts for hair cuts. You can also go online and search for the name of the salon and the word “coupon” to find a great discount.
- Head out to your local beauty school to get a haircut at a super bargain. These students are supervised by professionals, and offer the same cut a stylist will give you in a salon, for over half the price.
- Get trims at cheaper salons, versus going to your favorite hair stylist. When you need your hair dyed, cut differently, styled or treated, your regular pricy salon is fine. But when you’re ready to just have your hair trimmed, you’ll get the same treatment from a cheaper place.
- For chain salons like Fantastic Sam’s or Super Cuts, be sure you download their app and follow them on social media. You’ll see great discounts offered, that are only announced via those outlets.
- Brand new salons will often offer half-off haircuts. They want to attract new customers and keep them, so they offer a huge discount! Search for newly opened salons or grand openings in your town.
- Women can stop by a barber shop for a trim or very simple cut! You’ll pay much less than a salon by going to a barber shop.
- Ask about referrals. Your salon might offer a free haircut for referring new clientele!
You can save a ton of money on haircuts, if you take the time to shop around. It just takes a little creativity and thinking outside of the box to find discounts in your area. Add up the amount you pay and how often you get your haircut every year. You might be surprised at just how much you’re paying!
What is “Shark Bites”? Shark Bites is a money-saving tips series here on FreebieShark that aims to help you and your family get the most out of your money. “Shark Bites” posts are both educational and straight to the point. Just another way FreebieShark is helping you save!